‘Local-Helper’; ‘we’; ‘us’; and ‘our’; means Local-helper.com‘
Candidate’; ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means any person registering with us or purchasing any of our services to assist with your job search.
‘Recruiter’; ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases services from us to assist your recruitment needs.
This web site is owned and operated by Local-helper and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
1. General Terms
- The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site. All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to Local-Helper or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials. You agree not to deep-link and/or frame the Website or any of the Services for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by Local-helper to do so.
- Local-Helper will permit the Candidate and Recruiter to access, use and interact with our site subject to these terms and conditions. Any party using this service for any purpose other than those specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions shall immediately be banned from using this site.
- We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. All liability of Local-Helper, its directors or employees howsoever arising for any loss whatsoever arising from your use of or inability to use the Website and/or the Services is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
- Candidates and Recruiters need to be aware that Local-Helper do not introduce or supply Candidates to Recruiters (or vice versa). It is recommended that, if you are a Candidate to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a Recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for the role you should undertake the steps as laid down by local country employment laws.
- You agree that you shall not use the Website or the Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, untrue, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or which may cause anxiety to others including racist or sexist content or material which otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm Local-helper’s computer systems or any third party computer system.
- Save to the extent possible by law Local-Helper does not warrant that our Website or services will operate without error or that the site or services are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and Local-Helper shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- Save to the extent required by law, no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made in respect of the Website and/or the Services or their contents (including, without limitation, any views or comment made). All information and/or data included in and/or on the Website, the Services and/or in any directory or other listings or information retrieval service made available on or by the Website and/or the Services has been so made available for guidance only. In addition, Local-Helper makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Your use of such information and/or data is therefore entirely at your own risk. All liability of Local-Helper, its directors, employees or other representatives howsoever arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Services is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our website may contain links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by Local-Helper of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Local-Helper is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at Your own risk FURTHERMORE you acknowledge that Local-Helper is not responsible for third party content on the Website and that Local-Helper cannot ensure that material presented on the Internet is legal. Local-Helper will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. In particular, you acknowledge that Local-Helper is not responsible for and does not monitor the content of job postings provided by third parties on the Website. However, Local-Helper shall have the right to remove any postings, materials or other items on the Website which it believes may be illegal or which it determines to be inappropriate.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Local-Helper, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to any Local-Helper Site, (ii) Your use of any Local-helper Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. Local-helper shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
- These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a User of any Local-Helper Site. Local-Helper reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of Your User Content from the Local-Helper Sites and immediate termination of Your registration with, or ability to access the, Local-Helper Sites and/or any other services provided to You by Local-helper, upon any breach by You of these Terms or if Local-helper is unable to verify or authenticate any information You submit to a Local-Helper Site registration. Even after You are no longer a User of the Local-helper Sites, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. Local-Helper may terminate, suspend or deny you access to the Website and/or Services immediately for any reason without incurring any liability whatsoever to you.
- Where you are asked to complete a registration form the personal details that you provide must be true, accurate and complete. You agree to notify us of any changes which are relevant to your registration.
- i. This Agreement shall be personal to you and you may not assign, transfer, sublet, lease or delegate all or any of your rights and obligations, without Local-helper’s prior written consent.
- ii. Local-helper reserves the right to assign or transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any companies in the same group as Local-helper Ltd or any other third party. In the event of assignment or transfer, notification will either be given to you by e-mail or posted on the Website.
- Failure or neglect by either party to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar that exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
- If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof is determined to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision, or part thereof, shall be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in respect of its subject matter NOTWITHSTANDING that Local-Helper reserves the right to vary this Agreement from time to time (including the services offered by Local-helper). Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the Website and/or the Services after a period of two weeks from the date of transmission of the e-mail or newsletter, or of posting on the home pages of the Website, whichever occurs later.
- Please note that all calls may be recorded for staff training purposes.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. Additional Terms for Candidates
- You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by You on the Local-Helper Sites. You should be aware (subject to the contact details you provide) that you may be contacted directly by Recruiters by email, post or telephone.
- The Candidate is liable if they are contacted by the Recruiter without intervention from Local-Helper.
- Enhanced Candidate Profile:
- a. We do not guarantee that by subscribing to an enhanced profile you will secure a job. This is simply a tool that will enhance your visibility to Recruiters and employers and enable you to apply to jobs by email sooner.
- b. We do not store your credit/debit card details. Payments are one-off payments and are not recurring.
- c. For the avoidance of doubt, purchase of the enhanced Candidate profile is optional, and you may search and apply for jobs on our website upon completion of your online CV at no charge.
- Local-helper does not discriminate against anyone registered to or using the Local-Helper website. We try to ensure that all possible measures are taken to prevent any vacancies advertised or searches do not discriminate against age, disabilities, gender or race. The search tools in place on the site do not have the functionality to exclude any Candidates with disabilities. It is down to the users themselves to ensure they comply with discrimination laws.
- Services and information provided on the site by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
- We hold no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site.
- You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your account or Your account is terminated, all Your account information from Local-helper, including CVs, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted and may be deleted from Local-helper’s databases within a reasonable time period. Third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
- Local-helper reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity or in the event that any of our terms have been breached by you.
- By registering your CV on Local-helper you agree that we may also store and show your CV and profile details, to recruiters, on any other job board owned directly by Local-Helper Ltd (including the BritishJobs Network).
3. Additional Terms for Recruiters
- On receipt by us of your submitted information via our on-line form, email, telephone agreement or signed service agreement, you will be deemed to have accepted all of these terms and conditions, and will be granted access (subject to receiving payment) to our database in accordance with these terms and conditions. You also agree that all of the information you supply to us is correct, truthful and complete. You agree to inform us by email, telephone or post of any changes to any of the information supplied by you to us. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the event that any of the information provided by you to us, is no longer current or accurate or in the event you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- We will take reasonable steps to provide a reliable service to you. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of any of the CVs stored in our database. You acknowledge and accept that this is beyond our control, and refunds cannot be given in the event of untruthful information being submitted by Candidates.
- You acknowledge and accept that all rights to information provided by third parties are reserved by those third parties, and that such information may not be used in any way that infringes any proprietary interests of those third parties. You agree not to disclose any information provided by the Candidates to any third parties, or those not directly related to the recruitment process of the individual(s) in question.
- Any personal details which you provide to us from which we can identify you are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration. You agree that you do not object to us using this information to contact you for the purpose of improving our service to you, requesting payment(s), discussing account status, and you confirm that you do not consider any of the above as a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- Reselling of Local-Helper’s services from ‘recruitment agencies/flat fee companies’ to other companies or agencies for the purpose of recruitment is not allowed on the site without prior written permission from Local-Helper in the event that this occurs your account will be cancelled without refund. Permitted Resellers are also bound by the following:
- a. You cannot resell to direct clients of Local-helper or stop companies from using our service
- b. All postings must be in your own brand unless you purchase client branded adverts
- c. The advert cannot name the name of the client unless client branded adverts have been purchased
- d. We have the right to refuse to display any client branded adverts if we have a relationship with the client directly, or are in talks to do so
- Downloading or leeching our CV database, wholly or in part, for any reason other than recruiting for a current vacancy is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Downloading using any software other than a browser is also strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Legal action may be taken against you.
- Contacting Candidates via email or other means, for any reason other than recruitment, is strictly forbidden.
- You agree not to put excessive load on our servers.
- With regards to fixed users, you agree that only these users will have access to the account. If any unauthorized users attempt to access the account, or if the account is accessed from other locations, we reserve the right to cancel your account immediately, without refund.
- You shall use the Local-Helper CV Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with Local-helper. You shall use the Local-helper CV Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from Local-helper CV Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the CV explicitly for employment purposes.
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring Local-helper into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against Local-helper arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
- We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that Candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
- We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on Local-Helper. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the Local-Helper database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from Local-Helper any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
- a. The job posted must exist in the town advertised, unless it is a franchise opportunity (which must be stated in the description).
- b. The job title should be specific and be the best description for the role and should not be a slogan (e.g. Great Opportunity or Money To Be Made!).
- c. Emails and URLs within job descriptions are not allowed. We will automatically remove these.
- d. The description of the role should mention the required skills as well as details describing the role.
- f. Advertisements which discriminate (or appear to discriminate) on grounds of sex, race, age or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by Local-Helper on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from Local-helper without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
- g. The vacancy should accurately describe the role and not mislead the Candidate; sufficient detail should be included in order for the Candidate to understand the nature of the role and the basic requirements of the role. If a role requires a Candidate to work in multiple locations then the vacancy must state this; if the role is selling a product/service ‘door-to-door’ then the vacancy must state this; similarly, if the role is a commission only role then this must be stated on the vacancy.
- Job credits must be used within the Fixed Term; time will not be extended for job credits that have not been posted or posted part of the way through the Fixed Term (for example, if you sign up for one job credit over a one month fixed term and this is posted on the 21st day the job will expire on the last day of the one month fixed term).
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the Candidate database and not do anything which may bring Local-helper into disrepute. You will indemnify Local-Helper from and against any claim brought by an individual against Local-Helper arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
- All information provided to you by us is confidential you will not disclose your username and/or password to any persons outside of your company. If disclosure occurs we reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and seek compensation. Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. Passwords must be kept confidential and secure. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions. You agree to notify us as soon as reasonably possible in the event that your password is, or may be, known to any person(s) other than those within your organisation. Upon notification of such an event, we will render such password inoperable, and will issue a new password by a mutually agreed method (telephone or email or post).
- Local-helper acts as an agent, and is not responsible for the content of job adverts from different employers/agencies. If you have an issue with a job advert that is not your own, you should deal with this directly and not through Local-helper.
4. Mobile Services.
If You use the Local-helper Sites through a mobile device, You agree that information about Your use of the Local-helper Sites through Your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to Your mobile carrier, Your mobile device, or Your physical location. In addition, use of the Local-helper Sites through a mobile device may cause data to be displayed on and through Your mobile device. By accessing the Local-helper Sites using a mobile device, You represent that to the extent You import any of Your Local-helper data to Your mobile device that You have authority to share the transferred data with Your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event You change or deactivate Your mobile account, You must promptly update Your Local-helper account information to ensure that Your messages are not sent to the person that acquires Your old number and failure to do so is Your responsibility. You acknowledge You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the Local-helper Sites through Your mobile access provider. Therefore, You should check with Your provider to find out if the Local-helper Sites are available and the terms for these services for Your specific mobile devices.
By using any downloadable application to enable Your use of the Local-helper Sites, You are explicitly confirming Your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the Application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.